Fort Loudon, a Calder Race Course specialist, wrested the lead from favored Trinniberg and prevailed by a neck to take the gr. III Carry Back Stakes July 7.
Shivananda Racing's Trinniberg, who has returned to sprinting after a dismal effort in the Kentucky Derby, could be trying for his fourth graded stakes win if he takes on six foes in the Carry Back at Calder.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale