Robert Baker and William Mack’s Giant Run lived up to his name when he won the $75,000 Tropical Park Derby by 1 1/4 lengths at Gulfstream Park Dec. 31.
It's been a whirlwind 2 1/2 years for jockey Angel Cruz since he won his first race at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races April 6, 2014, a period where the 20-year-old has had more than his share of new and exciting experiences.
Dancing Rags seized the advantage from early leader Caroline Test in early stretch, then powered home to a clear win in the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 7 at Keeneland.
With a determined battle-back rail run in the stretch, David Jacobson's Stallwalkin' Dude captured his first stakes in the $100,000 Diablo at Belmont Park May 10, and spoiled the 2015 debut of Palace Malice in the process.
Trainer David Jacobson and jockey Angel Cruz landed the respective trainer and jockey titles at the 19-day Aqueduct Racetrack spring meet, which concluded April 26.
Tom O'Grady's Bridget's Big Luvy went right to the front and never looked back in the $100,000 Private Terms Stakes March 21 at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park