Instead of 3-5 favorite Wicked Strong winning in his second start of the season, it was the 6-1 Effinex who made a sweeping move on the final turn and put away pacesetter Red Rifle to win the 1 1/4-mile test.
Chester and Mary Broman's homebred Hard to Stay Notgo romped to a front-running 5 1/2-length triumph in the $125,000 Franklin Square Stakes for New York-bred 3-year-old fillies Feb. 1 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Once a claimer, Classic Point is now a graded stakes winner after taking the $300,000 Go for Wand Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 28 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Noble Moon and Protonico hold a class edge over their five rivals in the Nov. 1 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack. The 1 1/8-mile race for 3-year-olds is worth $200,000.
Favored Brave Dave overcame a bad stumble at the start to register a front-running victory in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 2 at Monmouth Park.
Indian Legend registered the first stakes win of her career when she outlasted prohibitive favorite Tar Heel Mom by a nose following a long stretch duel in the $250,000 My Juliet at Philadelphia's Parx Racing May 28.
Philadelphia Park shipper Deputy Daney stretched his unbeaten steak to three Jan. 18, winning the Jan. 18 Jimmy Winkfield Stakes at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season