Instead of 3-5 favorite Wicked Strong winning in his second start of the season, it was the 6-1 Effinex who made a sweeping move on the final turn and put away pacesetter Red Rifle to win the 1 1/4-mile test.
Chester and Mary Broman's homebred Hard to Stay Notgo romped to a front-running 5 1/2-length triumph in the $125,000 Franklin Square Stakes for New York-bred 3-year-old fillies Feb. 1 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Once a claimer, Classic Point is now a graded stakes winner after taking the $300,000 Go for Wand Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 28 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Noble Moon and Protonico hold a class edge over their five rivals in the Nov. 1 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack. The 1 1/8-mile race for 3-year-olds is worth $200,000.
Favored Brave Dave overcame a bad stumble at the start to register a front-running victory in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 2 at Monmouth Park.
Indian Legend registered the first stakes win of her career when she outlasted prohibitive favorite Tar Heel Mom by a nose following a long stretch duel in the $250,000 My Juliet at Philadelphia's Parx Racing May 28.
Philadelphia Park shipper Deputy Daney stretched his unbeaten steak to three Jan. 18, winning the Jan. 18 Jimmy Winkfield Stakes at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training