The Hong Kong Jockey Club has announced their selected horses for the Hong Kong International Races. Offering approximately $7.28 million (U.S.) in purses, the four-race series will take place at Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday, Dec. 14. The star of the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) will be the globe-trotting Falbrav, a seven-time group I winner who will be making his final start.
Sunday's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) proved to be a carbon copy of last year's running as the Eric Libaud-trained Ange Gabriel defeated late-running Polish Summer.
Godolphin's exciting new recruit Sulamani will carry the stable's hopes in reversing a frustrating recent run in the $2 million Group I Dubai Sheema Classic.
Hong Kong-based horses win three races on the International card.
Ange Gabriel, a colt who until now, had only won in listed company, upset favored filly Aquarelliste and ran away with a two-length win in Sunday's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin