The Hong Kong Jockey Club has announced their selected horses for the Hong Kong International Races. Offering approximately $7.28 million (U.S.) in purses, the four-race series will take place at Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday, Dec. 14. The star of the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) will be the globe-trotting Falbrav, a seven-time group I winner who will be making his final start.
Sunday's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) proved to be a carbon copy of last year's running as the Eric Libaud-trained Ange Gabriel defeated late-running Polish Summer.
Godolphin's exciting new recruit Sulamani will carry the stable's hopes in reversing a frustrating recent run in the $2 million Group I Dubai Sheema Classic.
Hong Kong-based horses win three races on the International card.
Ange Gabriel, a colt who until now, had only won in listed company, upset favored filly Aquarelliste and ran away with a two-length win in Sunday's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Take Charge Brandi Not Entered in Honeybee
- Charles Town, Penn National Cancel Racing
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Changes Possible on Federal Tax Withholdings
- Handle on U.S. Races Down 3.66% in February
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes