The Hong Kong Jockey Club has announced their selected horses for the Hong Kong International Races. Offering approximately $7.28 million (U.S.) in purses, the four-race series will take place at Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday, Dec. 14. The star of the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) will be the globe-trotting Falbrav, a seven-time group I winner who will be making his final start.
Sunday's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) proved to be a carbon copy of last year's running as the Eric Libaud-trained Ange Gabriel defeated late-running Polish Summer.
Godolphin's exciting new recruit Sulamani will carry the stable's hopes in reversing a frustrating recent run in the $2 million Group I Dubai Sheema Classic.
Hong Kong-based horses win three races on the International card.
Ange Gabriel, a colt who until now, had only won in listed company, upset favored filly Aquarelliste and ran away with a two-length win in Sunday's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile