Coming off three consecutive 2-year-old auctions with increases in average, Barretts Equine Limited will offer a catalog of 116, plus eight supplemental entries for its May 14 2-year-old sale in Pomona, Calif.
A Sky Mesa filly sped an eighth-mile in :09 4/5, the quickest of the day at the May 11 under-tack preview for the Barretts May sale of 2-year-olds.
Read what buyers and consignors had to say about the market during the first week of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale in Lexington.
The weekend before the Sept. 14 start of the Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington, the auction's participants were worrying about the market and trying to guess how much it would be down from 2008. But some consignors were pleasantly surprised by how many people were looking at their horses. Here is what some of them had to say.
Read what people have been saying about their expectations for the Fasig-Tipton July select yearling sale, which is scheduled for July 20 and 21 in Lexington.
Stan Fulton's complete dispersal of horses of racing age dominated the first day of the Barretts' fall mixed sale Oct. 29. Five of Fulton's horses brought six figures, four of those surpassing the previous Barretts record of $125,000 for a horse of racing age.
According to Barretts official Jerry McMahon, optimism in California's racing industry could boost the demand for sale yearlings.
It was a case of the sophomore slumps for the second California October yearling sale. The average increased, but the Oct. 3 sale saw declines in number sold, gross, and median.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound