Congressmen Andy Barr (R-Ky.) and Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) have been named co-chairs of the Congressional Horse Caucus in the 113th Congress. They replace Congressmen Dennis Cardoza (D-Cal.) and Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.).
Congressman Andy Barr (R-Kentucky) has introduced a measure that would make permanent the three-year depreciation schedule for all race horses that is scheduled to expire with the 2008 Farm Bill at the end of the year.
Congressman Andy Barr (R-KY) introduced the Equine Tax Parity Act (H.R. 998) March 6, legislation that would reduce the capital gains holding period for horses from 24 months to 12 months.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on June 8 unanimously rejected a request from trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. to withdraw his application for a license to race in the state in 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Santa Anita Hosts Handicapping Event Oct. 4-5