Congressmen Andy Barr (R-Ky.) and Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) have been named co-chairs of the Congressional Horse Caucus in the 113th Congress. They replace Congressmen Dennis Cardoza (D-Cal.) and Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.).
Congressman Andy Barr (R-Kentucky) has introduced a measure that would make permanent the three-year depreciation schedule for all race horses that is scheduled to expire with the 2008 Farm Bill at the end of the year.
Congressman Andy Barr (R-KY) introduced the Equine Tax Parity Act (H.R. 998) March 6, legislation that would reduce the capital gains holding period for horses from 24 months to 12 months.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on June 8 unanimously rejected a request from trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. to withdraw his application for a license to race in the state in 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks