Congressmen Andy Barr (R-Ky.) and Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) have been named co-chairs of the Congressional Horse Caucus in the 113th Congress. They replace Congressmen Dennis Cardoza (D-Cal.) and Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.).
Congressman Andy Barr (R-Kentucky) has introduced a measure that would make permanent the three-year depreciation schedule for all race horses that is scheduled to expire with the 2008 Farm Bill at the end of the year.
Congressman Andy Barr (R-KY) introduced the Equine Tax Parity Act (H.R. 998) March 6, legislation that would reduce the capital gains holding period for horses from 24 months to 12 months.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on June 8 unanimously rejected a request from trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. to withdraw his application for a license to race in the state in 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- NTRA Safety Alliance Re-Accredits Aqueduct
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell
- Breeders' Cup Ramps Up Recruiting in Europe