Official transcripts, a video replay, and PowerPoint presentations from Sunday’s 64th annual Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing are now available at jockeyclub.com.
Congressional Horse Caucus co-chairmen Andy Barr (R-Ky) and Paul Tonko (D-NY) April 21 announced plans to conduct a hearing to discuss a path forward for the Thoroughbred Horseracing Integrity Act of 2015.
Supporters of federal legislation that would give USADA oversight of drug testing in Thoroughbred racing will face opposition from lawmakers who have proposed legislation with seemingly similar goals in Washington.
A bipartisan bill introduced July 16 in the U.S. House of Representatives would see the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency create an independent organization for oversight of medication issues in horse racing.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
A provision that retroactively extends three-year tax depreciation for all racehorses was passed by the United States Senate late Dec. 16.
Congressmen Andy Barr (R-Ky.) and Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) have been named co-chairs of the Congressional Horse Caucus in the 113th Congress. They replace Congressmen Dennis Cardoza (D-Cal.) and Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.).
Congressman Andy Barr (R-Kentucky) has introduced a measure that would make permanent the three-year depreciation schedule for all race horses that is scheduled to expire with the 2008 Farm Bill at the end of the year.
Congressman Andy Barr (R-KY) introduced the Equine Tax Parity Act (H.R. 998) March 6, legislation that would reduce the capital gains holding period for horses from 24 months to 12 months.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on June 8 unanimously rejected a request from trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. to withdraw his application for a license to race in the state in 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three