Jockey Andria Terrill was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital after being unseated from her mount shortly after the start of the fourth race July 8 at Suffolk Downs.
Seeing that Wild Holly had lost her last three by a combined total of 54 1/2 lengths and that her jockey was a winless 10-pound apprentice, bettors sent the 8-year-old mare off as a 64-1 longshot in the fifth race at Aqueduct March 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Another Walk in the Parx for Favorite Tale
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday
- Divine Oath Holds Off Bashart in Kent Stakes
- Irish-Bred Pure Champion Wins in New Zealand
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Waller Tallies Group I Double in Australia
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired