Outsider Royal Diamond came out on top in a four-horse photo finish to win the $258,500 Gains Horse Feeds Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) by a head at the Curragh Sept. 15.
The second session of the Book 2 portion of Tattersalls' October yearling sale posted increases of 3.1% in average price and 6% in median price from 2009.
The Tattersalls Craven breeze up sale posted increases of 2.1% in its average price and 26.8% in its median price from a year ago during its opening session April 14 in England.
Gross rises 40.2% while average price increases 3% from a year ago.
The gross and average declined but the median rose during the second session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds