The purse for the 2017 Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) will be increased 13% to £1.5 million ($2.26 million).
Epsom Downs Racecourse has announced 406 yearlings of 2012 have been initially entered in the 2014 Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I). The 235th renewal of the classic at Epsom will be June 7, 2014.
Yearling entry stage, at a cost of $660, draws 16.7% more entries than last year.
Dutch Gold, Kris Kin and Norse Dancer were each supplemented Monday at a cost of £90,000 for Saturday's Vodafone Derby at Britain's Epsom Downs. With 21 other horses nominated at the five-day confirmation stage, the purse for the classic of £1.47 million will make it the richest race ever run in Europe.
Twelve 3-year-old colts were entered Thursday morning for the 223rd Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) which will be run June 8. The only defection from the five-day confirmations is Dubai Destination, owned by Godolphin and trained by Saeed bin Suroor, the team which is still represented by two runners: Naheef and Moon Ballad.
When the five day confirmation deadline passed at noon Monday, 13 horses remained in the running for Saturday's 223rd renewal of the £1,380,000 Vodafone Derby at England's Epsom Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board