Epsom Downs Racecourse has announced 406 yearlings of 2012 have been initially entered in the 2014 Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I). The 235th renewal of the classic at Epsom will be June 7, 2014.
Yearling entry stage, at a cost of $660, draws 16.7% more entries than last year.
Dutch Gold, Kris Kin and Norse Dancer were each supplemented Monday at a cost of £90,000 for Saturday's Vodafone Derby at Britain's Epsom Downs. With 21 other horses nominated at the five-day confirmation stage, the purse for the classic of £1.47 million will make it the richest race ever run in Europe.
Twelve 3-year-old colts were entered Thursday morning for the 223rd Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) which will be run June 8. The only defection from the five-day confirmations is Dubai Destination, owned by Godolphin and trained by Saeed bin Suroor, the team which is still represented by two runners: Naheef and Moon Ballad.
When the five day confirmation deadline passed at noon Monday, 13 horses remained in the running for Saturday's 223rd renewal of the £1,380,000 Vodafone Derby at England's Epsom Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer