The Blood-Horse recently hosted a roundtable discussion featuring members of Vision 20/20, a group of under-40s formed to strengthen the Thoroughbred industry through various education, awareness, and innovation. watch video
Bunt joins Select Sales after working as the membership and education coordinator for the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association (TOBA) and as the sales coordinator for VanMeter Sales.
Zenyatta's weanling half sister by Henrythenavigator will be offered at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale by Select Sales.
Jay Goodwin is a new partner in Select Sales. The other members of the Lexington-based sales agency's ownership team are Carrie Brogden, Tom Ryan, and Andrew Cary (general manager).
What will happen in the Thoroughbred auction ring in 2011? After some tough years, will things get better? Read what buyers and consignors had to say.
The slumping market in recent years at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale took a turn for the better in several important statistical categories during the auction's latest edition in Lexington.
James Keogh has joined Lexington-based Select Sales Agency as a partner, it was announced July 9.
Birdstone colt brings $310,000; Indian Charlie filly sells for $325,000.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. February select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida has a reputation for producing good runners. But the size of its catalog keeps shrinking, which makes the sale's future shaky.
A group of commercial breeders have combined to form a new public sales agency, Select Sales LLC, which plans to offer its first consignment at this year's Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale in July.
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions