Favored Sanagas joined the ranks of grade I winners with a dominating triumph for trainer Graham Motion in the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup at Hollywood Park Nov. 19.
Andreas Jacobs' German-bred Sanagas took over at the top of the lane and held off Tahoe Lake to win the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes Oct. 20 at rainy Keeneland.
Quelle Amore and Shawmari Lodge were each sold for 300,000 guineas to top the penultimate session of the Tattersalls December Mare Sale on Dec. 1.
Irish champion and classic winner Black Minnaloushe will stand at Andreas Jacobs' Maine Chance Farms in South Africa in 2007.
Humaita edged Aud at the finish of a long stretch duel to win the $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes Sunday going 1 1/2 miles on soft turf at Keeneland.
The long-striding filly Humaita got into gear in mid-stretch to edge 9-10 favorite Where We Left Off by a half-length in the first division of the $110,400 first division of the Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at Saratoga Race Course Sunday.
Grade I winner Chiselling, a half-brother to grade I winner Empire Maker, has been acquired by Andreas Jacobs and Scott Brothers in a partnership for stallion duty at Maine Chance Farms near Robertson in South Africa.
Black Sam Bellamy, who won the Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) on May 25, has been sold by Michael Tabor and Susan Magnier to the German stud operation Gestut Farhof, owned by Andreas Jacobs.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga