Favored Sanagas joined the ranks of grade I winners with a dominating triumph for trainer Graham Motion in the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup at Hollywood Park Nov. 19.
Andreas Jacobs' German-bred Sanagas took over at the top of the lane and held off Tahoe Lake to win the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes Oct. 20 at rainy Keeneland.
Quelle Amore and Shawmari Lodge were each sold for 300,000 guineas to top the penultimate session of the Tattersalls December Mare Sale on Dec. 1.
Irish champion and classic winner Black Minnaloushe will stand at Andreas Jacobs' Maine Chance Farms in South Africa in 2007.
Humaita edged Aud at the finish of a long stretch duel to win the $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes Sunday going 1 1/2 miles on soft turf at Keeneland.
The long-striding filly Humaita got into gear in mid-stretch to edge 9-10 favorite Where We Left Off by a half-length in the first division of the $110,400 first division of the Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at Saratoga Race Course Sunday.
Grade I winner Chiselling, a half-brother to grade I winner Empire Maker, has been acquired by Andreas Jacobs and Scott Brothers in a partnership for stallion duty at Maine Chance Farms near Robertson in South Africa.
Black Sam Bellamy, who won the Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) on May 25, has been sold by Michael Tabor and Susan Magnier to the German stud operation Gestut Farhof, owned by Andreas Jacobs.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup