Two-year-olds got some spotlight on the Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) card Sept. 14 at the Curragh, with the filly Cursory Glance winning the Moyglare Stud Stakes and Gleneagles taking the Goffs Vincent O'Brien National Stakes.
Roger Smith's Kingston Hill charged past runner-up Romsdal with a mighty late run and won the Ladbrokes St. Leger, the third jewel in England's Triple Crown, Sept. 13 at Doncaster.
Paul Smith's unbeaten Kingston Hill will be a horse to watch for next season's classics after trouncing the field in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) Oct. 26 at Doncaster.
Recent Derby Italiano (Ity-II) winner Biz The Nurse took on elders for the first time in the Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) and scored a convincing victory June 9 at San Siro Racecourse.
German-trained Sortilege halted the 2012 unbeaten steak of Cherry Collect Oct. 28, holding back the dual Italian classic winner to win the Premio Lydia Tesio Longines (Ity-I) at Capanelle Racecourse in Rome.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Fast Anna Get Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- First Reported Winner for Pleasant Strike