Two-time champion jockey Jamie Spencer, who has been the retained rider for Qatar Racing since 2013, has backed off his plan to retire and will now ride freelance.
Qatar Racing and Kingsclere Racing's progressive Elm Park stepped up to the group I level with style Oct. 25 at Doncaster, scoring an authoritative win in the Racing Post Trophy for 2-year-olds.
Two-year-olds got some spotlight on the Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) card Sept. 14 at the Curragh, with the filly Cursory Glance winning the Moyglare Stud Stakes and Gleneagles taking the Goffs Vincent O'Brien National Stakes.
Roger Smith's Kingston Hill charged past runner-up Romsdal with a mighty late run and won the Ladbrokes St. Leger, the third jewel in England's Triple Crown, Sept. 13 at Doncaster.
Paul Smith's unbeaten Kingston Hill will be a horse to watch for next season's classics after trouncing the field in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) Oct. 26 at Doncaster.
Recent Derby Italiano (Ity-II) winner Biz The Nurse took on elders for the first time in the Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) and scored a convincing victory June 9 at San Siro Racecourse.
German-trained Sortilege halted the 2012 unbeaten steak of Cherry Collect Oct. 28, holding back the dual Italian classic winner to win the Premio Lydia Tesio Longines (Ity-I) at Capanelle Racecourse in Rome.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Spotted Heart Upsets MD Filly Championship
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory