Federal regulators have cleared the purchase of Anchor Gaming, the parent company of United Tote, by gambling equipment giant International Game Technology (IGT). The deal is valued at $1.4 billion.
Bits and pieces from around the industry
Anchor Gaming, the parent company of United Tote, has agreed to a merger with joint venture partner International Game Technology. If the deal is approved it would create a gaming equipment company with combined annual revenue of $2 billion and control of 60% of the United States market.
Gemstar-TV Guide, the parent company of the TV Games Network, reached a new 52-week low of $20.25 Tuesday. The stock tumbled with the rest of the major markets, which were affected by profit warnings and job cuts.
While most companies with ties to Thoroughbred racing followed the markets downward this week, a couple managed to see their stock values appreciate.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern