Federal regulators have cleared the purchase of Anchor Gaming, the parent company of United Tote, by gambling equipment giant International Game Technology (IGT). The deal is valued at $1.4 billion.
Bits and pieces from around the industry
Anchor Gaming, the parent company of United Tote, has agreed to a merger with joint venture partner International Game Technology. If the deal is approved it would create a gaming equipment company with combined annual revenue of $2 billion and control of 60% of the United States market.
Gemstar-TV Guide, the parent company of the TV Games Network, reached a new 52-week low of $20.25 Tuesday. The stock tumbled with the rest of the major markets, which were affected by profit warnings and job cuts.
While most companies with ties to Thoroughbred racing followed the markets downward this week, a couple managed to see their stock values appreciate.
Most Popular Stories
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride