Federal regulators have cleared the purchase of Anchor Gaming, the parent company of United Tote, by gambling equipment giant International Game Technology (IGT). The deal is valued at $1.4 billion.
Bits and pieces from around the industry
Anchor Gaming, the parent company of United Tote, has agreed to a merger with joint venture partner International Game Technology. If the deal is approved it would create a gaming equipment company with combined annual revenue of $2 billion and control of 60% of the United States market.
Gemstar-TV Guide, the parent company of the TV Games Network, reached a new 52-week low of $20.25 Tuesday. The stock tumbled with the rest of the major markets, which were affected by profit warnings and job cuts.
While most companies with ties to Thoroughbred racing followed the markets downward this week, a couple managed to see their stock values appreciate.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita