Master William, upset winner of the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes at Canada's Woodbine Racecourse last fall, is among 140 horses still being considered for the £1.25 million Vodafone Derby (Eng-I) after the first forfeit stage. The classic will be renewed June 5 at England's Epsom Downs.
Federal regulators have cleared the purchase of Anchor Gaming, the parent company of United Tote, by gambling equipment giant International Game Technology (IGT). The deal is valued at $1.4 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill