Master William, upset winner of the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes at Canada's Woodbine Racecourse last fall, is among 140 horses still being considered for the £1.25 million Vodafone Derby (Eng-I) after the first forfeit stage. The classic will be renewed June 5 at England's Epsom Downs.
Federal regulators have cleared the purchase of Anchor Gaming, the parent company of United Tote, by gambling equipment giant International Game Technology (IGT). The deal is valued at $1.4 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup