Horses reported to receive steroid administrations in 2016 in California who have come back to race fared very well in their first starts after those treatments, winning at about three times the normal rate.
The bronchodilator clenbuterol, possibly being misused for its anabolic steroid properties, will be severely curtailed for the next year at all California racetracks.
Michigan horse racing commissioner Christine C. White April 1 gave notice to the state's horse racing industry that effective immediately, the presence of anabolic steroids will be prohibited in all horses entered to race at any pari-mutuel track in Michigan.
- By Ryan Conley
A model rule that limits anabolic steroid use to four approved substances was unanimously passed in a committee hearing of the Racing Commissioners International annual conference April 23, highlighting the opening-day morning session of the annual conference of North American regulators in Jackson Hole, Wyo.
Most Popular Stories
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- STATS, Equibase Launch STATS Race Lens Mobile Version
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park