Horses reported to receive steroid administrations in 2016 in California who have come back to race fared very well in their first starts after those treatments, winning at about three times the normal rate.
The bronchodilator clenbuterol, possibly being misused for its anabolic steroid properties, will be severely curtailed for the next year at all California racetracks.
Michigan horse racing commissioner Christine C. White April 1 gave notice to the state's horse racing industry that effective immediately, the presence of anabolic steroids will be prohibited in all horses entered to race at any pari-mutuel track in Michigan.
- By Ryan Conley
A model rule that limits anabolic steroid use to four approved substances was unanimously passed in a committee hearing of the Racing Commissioners International annual conference April 23, highlighting the opening-day morning session of the annual conference of North American regulators in Jackson Hole, Wyo.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill