Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm made hard work of things, but managed to register her third consecutive group I triumph Saturday, defeating French invader Ana Marie by a neck in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood.
Ana Marie, third in the group I French Oaks last season, won her 2003 debut, the Prix d'Harcourt (gr. II) for older horses on Sunday at Longchamp.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile