Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm made hard work of things, but managed to register her third consecutive group I triumph Saturday, defeating French invader Ana Marie by a neck in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood.
Ana Marie, third in the group I French Oaks last season, won her 2003 debut, the Prix d'Harcourt (gr. II) for older horses on Sunday at Longchamp.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Travers Day Handle Just Shy of $50 Million
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes