Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm made hard work of things, but managed to register her third consecutive group I triumph Saturday, defeating French invader Ana Marie by a neck in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood.
Ana Marie, third in the group I French Oaks last season, won her 2003 debut, the Prix d'Harcourt (gr. II) for older horses on Sunday at Longchamp.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity