Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm made hard work of things, but managed to register her third consecutive group I triumph Saturday, defeating French invader Ana Marie by a neck in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood.
Ana Marie, third in the group I French Oaks last season, won her 2003 debut, the Prix d'Harcourt (gr. II) for older horses on Sunday at Longchamp.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective