Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm made hard work of things, but managed to register her third consecutive group I triumph Saturday, defeating French invader Ana Marie by a neck in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood.
Ana Marie, third in the group I French Oaks last season, won her 2003 debut, the Prix d'Harcourt (gr. II) for older horses on Sunday at Longchamp.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Stryker Phd Star of Washington Cup Day
- Three Rules Hopes to Keep Win Streak Alive
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Made You Look Headlines With Anticipation