Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm made hard work of things, but managed to register her third consecutive group I triumph Saturday, defeating French invader Ana Marie by a neck in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood.
Ana Marie, third in the group I French Oaks last season, won her 2003 debut, the Prix d'Harcourt (gr. II) for older horses on Sunday at Longchamp.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Elliott's Award Reopens the Smarty Story