Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm made hard work of things, but managed to register her third consecutive group I triumph Saturday, defeating French invader Ana Marie by a neck in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood.
Ana Marie, third in the group I French Oaks last season, won her 2003 debut, the Prix d'Harcourt (gr. II) for older horses on Sunday at Longchamp.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule
- Average Up, Median Steady as Karaka Sale Ends