The 8-year-old son of Wiseman's Ferry was cleared April 24 for light on-track training by Dr. Larry Bramlage at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington, and jogged at Keeneland the next day.
Two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan is progressing well since he returned to tack-walking, but the chestnut gelding will require 30 more days in his recovery from a non-displaced fracture before he can go to the track.
Champion Wise Dan walks Charlie LoPresti's shedrow under Amy LoPresti on a rainy morning March 4. watch video
Champion Wise Dan walks Charlie LoPresti's shedrow under Amy LoPresti on a rainy morning March 4.
Charlie LoPresti's Quarter Horses work as lead ponies on the farm and at the racetrack while LoPresti and his wife Amy train Thoroughbreds. read blog
Watch two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan finish his first breeze back July 11 on the Keeneland turf, continuing his recovery from colic surgery. Video courtesy of Amy LoPresti.
Morton Fink's two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan rolled off the trailer with a spring in his step May 21, seemingly none the worse for wear after undergoing emergency colic surgery five days earlier at Rood & Riddle.
Two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan comes home to Forest Lane Farm near Lexington after May 16 colic surgery at Rood & Riddle.
Trainer Ian Wilkes plans to give Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Fort Larned a break after his taxing effort Nov. 3 and is hoping to return to Santa Anita Park next fall for the 30th World Champinships in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth