The 8-year-old son of Wiseman's Ferry was cleared April 24 for light on-track training by Dr. Larry Bramlage at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington, and jogged at Keeneland the next day.
Two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan is progressing well since he returned to tack-walking, but the chestnut gelding will require 30 more days in his recovery from a non-displaced fracture before he can go to the track.
- By Claire Novak
Champion Wise Dan walks Charlie LoPresti's shedrow under Amy LoPresti on a rainy morning March 4. watch video
Charlie LoPresti's Quarter Horses work as lead ponies on the farm and at the racetrack while LoPresti and his wife Amy train Thoroughbreds. read blog
Morton Fink's two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan rolled off the trailer with a spring in his step May 21, seemingly none the worse for wear after undergoing emergency colic surgery five days earlier at Rood & Riddle.
Trainer Ian Wilkes plans to give Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Fort Larned a break after his taxing effort Nov. 3 and is hoping to return to Santa Anita Park next fall for the 30th World Champinships in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence