The New York Racing Association will employ a new system and betting terminals from AmTote International across a suite of platforms throughout its racetracks beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3.
Some bettors across the country nearly got shut out of the May 1 Kentucky Derby when AmTote International's multi-jurisdictional wagering hub in Portland, Ore., locked up twice within 50 minutes of the Derby's post time.
- By Ryan Conley
The parent company of Magna Entertainment Corp. disclosed March 10 it does not intend to keep on a long-term basis the racing assets upon which it is bidding in MEC's Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization, including its "immediate" intention of redeveloping Golden Gate Fields into a commercial property if the bid is successful.
Magna Entertainment Corp. announced July 26 that it has exercised its first purchase option to acquire an additional 30% equity interest in AmTote International, Inc. and has sent written notice of its intention to exercise its second purchase option to acquire the remaining 40% equity interest in the wagering technology company.
Magna Entertainment announced Monday that Joe DeFrancis, chief executive officer of the Maryland Jockey Club, has been appointed CEO of PariMax, a new company to oversee the development of Magna's "various electronic distribution platforms."
Delays in the length of time it takes to get final odds posted on a race in progress -- a vexing technological problem in the simulcasting age of racing -- can be improved, but aren't going away any time soon, a panel of tote company representatives told the International Simulcasting Conference on Sept. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- 'Champagne' Seeks Del Mar Double in Debutante
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Next Step for Undefeated Three Rules
- Sweet Loretta Aims for Grade I in Spinaway
- Made You Look Finds Way in With Anticipation
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record