The New York Racing Association will employ a new system and betting terminals from AmTote International across a suite of platforms throughout its racetracks beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3.
Some bettors across the country nearly got shut out of the May 1 Kentucky Derby when AmTote International's multi-jurisdictional wagering hub in Portland, Ore., locked up twice within 50 minutes of the Derby's post time.
The parent company of Magna Entertainment Corp. disclosed March 10 it does not intend to keep on a long-term basis the racing assets upon which it is bidding in MEC's Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization, including its "immediate" intention of redeveloping Golden Gate Fields into a commercial property if the bid is successful.
Magna Entertainment Corp. announced July 26 that it has exercised its first purchase option to acquire an additional 30% equity interest in AmTote International, Inc. and has sent written notice of its intention to exercise its second purchase option to acquire the remaining 40% equity interest in the wagering technology company.
Magna Entertainment announced Monday that Joe DeFrancis, chief executive officer of the Maryland Jockey Club, has been appointed CEO of PariMax, a new company to oversee the development of Magna's "various electronic distribution platforms."
Delays in the length of time it takes to get final odds posted on a race in progress -- a vexing technological problem in the simulcasting age of racing -- can be improved, but aren't going away any time soon, a panel of tote company representatives told the International Simulcasting Conference on Sept. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland's New Dirt Track
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced