Don Amos, chief operating officer of Magna Entertainment Corp., has retired, the company announced Oct. 12. MEC also announced that it has appointed Jim Bromby and Brant Latta senior vice-presidents of operation.
Don Amos, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Magna Entertainment Corp. announced Tuesday that Bill Murphy has been appointed vice president and general manager of racing operations at Gulfstream Park.
In its review of information at its regular monthly meeting concerning the injury to Barbaro, the Maryland Racing Commission has decided to review the stewards' tape of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) to determine whether they can shed further light on exactly what happened to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner.
Magna Entertainment Corp. could be on the verge of buying the four Standardbred racetracks in Quebec, Canada.
- By Victor Ryan
Magna Entertainment Corp. has established a "continuous improvement" team under the supervision of chief operating officer Don Amos that will conduct an orderly study of the company's racetrack operations.
The Texas Racing Commission has ruled horses with common ownership and trainers can run as separate betting interests during the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Oct. 30 at Lone Star Park.
Mark Feldman, Magna Entertainment's president and chief executive officer of 4 1/2 months, has resigned. MEC is consolidating its operations in Toronto and Feldman did not want to leave his home in California, the company has announced. Frank Stronach, MEC's founder and chairman, will serve as interim president and CEO.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2