Hall of Fame trainer Phil "P.G." Johnson's 5-year-old multi-millionaire Volponi will enter stud at Rick and Liz Trontz' Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky., in 2004.
Multi millionaire Volponi, last year's winner of the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), but last in this year's renewel when it was sponsored by Dodge, has been retired from racing, but no decision has been reached as to where he will enter stud.
With jockey Jose Santos aboard, Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Volponi breezed six furlongs over Belmont's main track in 1:13 2/5 Wednesday morning.
Breeders of the winning 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships races were honored Jan. 12 by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association/Breeders' Cup and the Thoroughbred Club at a dinner held at Keeneland Race Course.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup Limited, in conjunction with the Thoroughbred Club of America, will honor the victorious breeders of the 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at the ninth annual Breeders' Cup/Thoroughbred Club of America dinner on Sunday evening, January 12 at Keeneland Racecourse in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives