Hall of Fame trainer Phil "P.G." Johnson's 5-year-old multi-millionaire Volponi will enter stud at Rick and Liz Trontz' Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky., in 2004.
Multi millionaire Volponi, last year's winner of the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), but last in this year's renewel when it was sponsored by Dodge, has been retired from racing, but no decision has been reached as to where he will enter stud.
With jockey Jose Santos aboard, Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Volponi breezed six furlongs over Belmont's main track in 1:13 2/5 Wednesday morning.
Breeders of the winning 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships races were honored Jan. 12 by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association/Breeders' Cup and the Thoroughbred Club at a dinner held at Keeneland Race Course.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup Limited, in conjunction with the Thoroughbred Club of America, will honor the victorious breeders of the 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at the ninth annual Breeders' Cup/Thoroughbred Club of America dinner on Sunday evening, January 12 at Keeneland Racecourse in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady