Former Thoroughbred owner Gary Tanaka was sentenced to five years in prison for securities fraud while he helped run Amerindo Investment Advisors.
Thoroughbred owner Gary Tanaka still awaits sentencing after his November 2008 conviction on three of 12 charges of securities fraud.
The federal government's investor fraud case against prominent Thoroughbred owner Gary Tanaka goes to trial Sept. 22 in New York, nearly 3 1/2 years after his arrest in 2005.
- By Jack Shinar
The arrest of financier and prominent Thoroughbred owner Gary Tanaka in New York on charges of allegedly stealing money from clients isn't impacting his far-flung racing stable, at least so far.
The Securities and Exchange Commission, in a lawsuit filed in federal court in New York City, has asked a judge to appoint a temporary receiver for Amerindo Investment Advisors, the company founded by Alberto Vilar and Thoroughbred owner Gary Tanaka.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rouse Earns F. Ambrose Clark Award
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success