Officials of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Friday that America's Day at the Races will not be held this year, but will return in 2005.
- By Tom LaMarra
Policy issues and financial considerations have reduced the number of tracks participating in America's Day at the Races, which will be held Labor Day. The event, first held in 1997, could be retooled in the future, a National Thoroughbred Racing Association official said.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses