Officials of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Friday that America's Day at the Races will not be held this year, but will return in 2005.
- By Tom LaMarra
Policy issues and financial considerations have reduced the number of tracks participating in America's Day at the Races, which will be held Labor Day. The event, first held in 1997, could be retooled in the future, a National Thoroughbred Racing Association official said.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection