Officials of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Friday that America's Day at the Races will not be held this year, but will return in 2005.
- By Tom LaMarra
Policy issues and financial considerations have reduced the number of tracks participating in America's Day at the Races, which will be held Labor Day. The event, first held in 1997, could be retooled in the future, a National Thoroughbred Racing Association official said.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Madden Gets Birthday Win at Saratoga
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex