Mary and Joseph Grant and T.J. Kelly's Evening Attire and 2002 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Sarava are among a field of seven older horses set to go 1 1/8-miles in the $150,000 Ben Ali Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland on Thursday.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Funny Cide made an auspicious return to the races at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 11, drawing off for an impressive five-length win over American Style in a seven-furlong money allowance race.
Crafty Shaw, winner of the Schaefer Mile at Hoosier Park in his most recent outing, tuned up for a run in the $400,000-added Clark Handicap (gr. I) with a sizzling workout on Monday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective