Last weekend's Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) runner-up Johannes Vermeer made a quick turnaround Nov. 1 in France with Ryan Moore aboard, winning the Criterium International (Fr-I) by head at Saint-Cloud.
American Post, a French classic winner and English group I winner, will enter stud at Marc de Chambure's Haras d'Etreham near Etreham, France.
Khalid Abdullah's multiple group I winner American Post and Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) runner-up Snow Ridge top a field of 14 entered in Saturday's Vodafone Derby (Eng-I), the 1 1/2-mile classic at Epsom.
American Post won the French 2,000 Guineas (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp, taking advantage of the bad luck suffered by Antonius Pius 75 yards from the finish in a most unusual conclusion.
Prince Khalid Abdulla's 2-year-old American Post, supplemented for Saturday's Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) for £17,500, delivered in a big way at Doncaster with a 1 3/4-length victory over Fantastic View.
Ecurie Wildenstein's Westerner burst clear inside the final furlong to run away with Sunday's 2 1/2-mile marathon Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares