Pin Oak Stable's homebred Much Obliged surged past Scolara in the final strides to post a half-length win in the inaugural running of the $200,000 American One Thousand Guineas on the Arlington Park grass May 24.
Two feature races for 3-year-olds on the Arlington Park turf headline the program May 24. In the American One Thousand Guineas, Dreaming of Liz tries the grass for the first time. Sporting Art is the choice in the Arlington Classic.
Arlington Park will offer its own version of the One Thousand Guineas for 3-year-old fillies at one mile on May 24--the $200,000 American One Thousand Guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- First Foal for Silver Max a Filly