Pin Oak Stable's homebred Much Obliged surged past Scolara in the final strides to post a half-length win in the inaugural running of the $200,000 American One Thousand Guineas on the Arlington Park grass May 24.
Two feature races for 3-year-olds on the Arlington Park turf headline the program May 24. In the American One Thousand Guineas, Dreaming of Liz tries the grass for the first time. Sporting Art is the choice in the Arlington Classic.
Arlington Park will offer its own version of the One Thousand Guineas for 3-year-old fillies at one mile on May 24--the $200,000 American One Thousand Guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- TimeformUS Ky Derby Prep Trip Notes Excerpt
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Casner Still Committed to Salix-Free Racing