Revved Up, Weigelia and American Miss are back to defend their titles in the $1.2 million Florida Million, eight races for Florida-bred horses to be contested at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Buckingham Stables' 3-year-old filly A Sea Trippi defeated Running Bobcats by 2 ¼ lengths in the $100,000 U Can Do It Handicap for fillies and mares at showery Calder Race Course Saturday.
Mary and Gary West's 5-year-old Florida-bred mare Sweet Lips won the Sunshine Millions Distaff at Santa Anita last year for trainer Bobby Frankel and has been training at Gulfstream since early December for a title defense in Saturday's $500,000 Ocala Breeders' Sales Distaff.
Trainer Manny Tortora sent out the first two finishers of the $200,000 Carl Rose Classic, the last of eight stakes races on Saturday that make up The Florida Million at Calder Race Course. Whos Crying Now, closing with a rush, won by a head over his stablemate Supervisor.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night