Revved Up, Weigelia and American Miss are back to defend their titles in the $1.2 million Florida Million, eight races for Florida-bred horses to be contested at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Buckingham Stables' 3-year-old filly A Sea Trippi defeated Running Bobcats by 2 ¼ lengths in the $100,000 U Can Do It Handicap for fillies and mares at showery Calder Race Course Saturday.
Mary and Gary West's 5-year-old Florida-bred mare Sweet Lips won the Sunshine Millions Distaff at Santa Anita last year for trainer Bobby Frankel and has been training at Gulfstream since early December for a title defense in Saturday's $500,000 Ocala Breeders' Sales Distaff.
Trainer Manny Tortora sent out the first two finishers of the $200,000 Carl Rose Classic, the last of eight stakes races on Saturday that make up The Florida Million at Calder Race Course. Whos Crying Now, closing with a rush, won by a head over his stablemate Supervisor.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider