Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) victress Untapable continued her perfect season June 28, running away with the $300,000 Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park by 9 1/2 lengths.
In Tune proved up to the challenge of stepping into stakes company as she outlasted House Rules in the stretch to win the $300,000 Gulfstream Oaks (gr. II) March 29 at Gulfstream Park.
In Tune, yet to be headed in her two prior starts for trainer Todd Pletcher, faces her toughest challenge yet when she clashes with seven other promising 3-year-old fillies in the Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II) March 29.
Repole Stable's Stopchargingmaria, the lone filly with stakes experience in the field, heads the six-horse lineup for the $400,000 Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 30 at Aqueduct.
The 2010 Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) winner Americain will commence his stud career at Calumet Farm, it was announced Nov. 22.
Nearly every domestic yearling sale in 2009 has suffered sharp declines, but in England, Ireland, and France, auctions of young horses generally have turned in stronger performances.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris