CCA Oaks winner will try to extend her winning streak to three in Alabama Stakes
Despite the absence of Untapable, who chose to run in the Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) instead of running in the Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I), only six sophomore fillies were entered for the July 20 test.
Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) victress Untapable continued her perfect season June 28, running away with the $300,000 Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park by 9 1/2 lengths.
In Tune proved up to the challenge of stepping into stakes company as she outlasted House Rules in the stretch to win the $300,000 Gulfstream Oaks (gr. II) March 29 at Gulfstream Park.
In Tune, yet to be headed in her two prior starts for trainer Todd Pletcher, faces her toughest challenge yet when she clashes with seven other promising 3-year-old fillies in the Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II) March 29.
Repole Stable's Stopchargingmaria, the lone filly with stakes experience in the field, heads the six-horse lineup for the $400,000 Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 30 at Aqueduct.
The 2010 Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) winner Americain will commence his stud career at Calumet Farm, it was announced Nov. 22.
Nearly every domestic yearling sale in 2009 has suffered sharp declines, but in England, Ireland, and France, auctions of young horses generally have turned in stronger performances.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct