Trainer Leo Nechamkin says that win or lose, he'll be getting an early Christmas gift when his Gators N Bears competes in Sunday's $100,000-added Gravesend Handicap (gr. III), the final graded stakes race in New York in 2004.
the defending champion of the $100,000 Maryland Million Sprint, one of the 11 added money races on Maryland Million Day Saturday at Laurel, but most of the attention has gone to trainer Ben Feliciano Jr., who starts a pair of hot frontrunners.
In his final tune-up before next month's Maryland Million Sprint, Crossing Point established a five-furlong track record with a front-running victory at Pimlico Sunday in a $50,000 optional allowance/claimer which featured four stakes winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos