Trainer Leo Nechamkin says that win or lose, he'll be getting an early Christmas gift when his Gators N Bears competes in Sunday's $100,000-added Gravesend Handicap (gr. III), the final graded stakes race in New York in 2004.
the defending champion of the $100,000 Maryland Million Sprint, one of the 11 added money races on Maryland Million Day Saturday at Laurel, but most of the attention has gone to trainer Ben Feliciano Jr., who starts a pair of hot frontrunners.
In his final tune-up before next month's Maryland Million Sprint, Crossing Point established a five-furlong track record with a front-running victory at Pimlico Sunday in a $50,000 optional allowance/claimer which featured four stakes winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale