Ambitious Dragon, one of the greatest runners in the history of Hong Kong racing, has been retired.
Able Friend, Hong Kong's highest-rated horse, takes on 10 opponents, including top-class Irish runner Gordon Lord Byron, for the first international edition of the Queen's Silver Jubilee Cup March 15 at Sha Tin.
Local rivalry and international challenge spice up the April 28 Audemars Piguet QE II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin in Hong Kong.
Ambitious Dragon overcame a raft of problems, including an injury the day before the race, and still produced a dramatic run to win the Longines Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) Dec. 9 by three-quarters of a length.
California Memory tuned up for his repeat bid for the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) next month with a game victory in the Longines Jockey Club Cup (HK-II) on Nov. 18 at Sha Tin.
Presvis will attempt to defend his title when he takes on a talented field of international runners in the $5-million Dubai Duty Free Sponsored by Dubai Duty Free (UAE-IT) at Meydan Racecourse March 31.
Simon Burgess talks with trainer Tony Millard who has Ambitious Dragon in the Hong Kong Cup. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner