South Korean buyers were particularly active in 2010, spending $2.6 million at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.
Diamond Fever has won four races in a row. But the 3-year-old son of Seeking the Gold-Radiant Ring will get his stiffest test yet, when he tries graded stakes company for the first time in the $100,000 Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Saratoga turf Sept. 2.
Nobiz Like Shobiz proved to be back in action for victory in the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Breeders' Cup (gr. IIT) at Saratoga, which marked his first start on turf.
Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner Nobiz Like Shobiz makes his grass debut for trainer Barclay Tagg Monday in the $150,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Breeders' Cup (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Aug. 6.
Carl Pollard, the owner of Hermitage Farm and Churchill Downs board member since 1985, will replace William S. Farish as chairman of the Louisville, Ky., racing conglomerate. Also on Tuesday, Churchill reported record second quarter results.
If Lane's End Farm owner Will Farish is confirmed next week as the next U.S. Ambassador to Great Britain, it will take Churchill Downs two or three weeks to replace him as chairman of the board.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown