South Korean buyers were particularly active in 2010, spending $2.6 million at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.
Diamond Fever has won four races in a row. But the 3-year-old son of Seeking the Gold-Radiant Ring will get his stiffest test yet, when he tries graded stakes company for the first time in the $100,000 Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Saratoga turf Sept. 2.
Nobiz Like Shobiz proved to be back in action for victory in the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Breeders' Cup (gr. IIT) at Saratoga, which marked his first start on turf.
Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner Nobiz Like Shobiz makes his grass debut for trainer Barclay Tagg Monday in the $150,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Breeders' Cup (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Aug. 6.
Carl Pollard, the owner of Hermitage Farm and Churchill Downs board member since 1985, will replace William S. Farish as chairman of the Louisville, Ky., racing conglomerate. Also on Tuesday, Churchill reported record second quarter results.
If Lane's End Farm owner Will Farish is confirmed next week as the next U.S. Ambassador to Great Britain, it will take Churchill Downs two or three weeks to replace him as chairman of the board.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite