Camp Victory was declared the official winner of the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park when Amazombie, first across the line, was disqualified after bulling his way to the front in mid-stretch May 30.
Eclair de Lune is ready for a comeback. The German-bred daughter of Marchand de Sable boosted her resume considerably when she captured the 2010 Beverly D. Stakes at Arlington Park, but has been unable to score a win since.
Nahem, under strong handling from Victor Espinoza struck, the lead in deep stretch and held off Woodmans Luck for a head victory in the $150,000 Snow Chief Stakes on the California Gold Rush card at Hollywood Park April 23.
Trainer Doug O'Neill is anxious to see a return to form from Thirtyfirststreet, who heads a field of seven 3-year-olds entered for the $150,000 Snow Chief Stakes at Hollywood Park April 23.
The 2011 Florida Derby, Swale, Skip Away, and more! View Slideshow
Amazombie, closing with abandon on the far outside for jockey Mike Smith, nipped Captain Cherokee by a head in a terrific finish to the $150,000 Potrero Grande Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park April 3.
There are some classy horses making their comebacks in the $150,000 Potrero Grande Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita April 3, including Crown of Thorns, M One Rifle, and Atta Boy Roy.
Dancing in Silks, who has been winless since his nose victory 2009 Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint at Santa Anita, will get a chance to redeem himself with a new trainer and jockey in the Feb. 27 Sensational Star Handicap.
Amazombie, making his stakes debut for trainer Bill Spawr at odds of 11-1, outfought odds-on choice Cost of Freedom in a terrific finish to snatch the $200,000 Sunshine Millions Sprint by a head at Santa Anita Jan. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Itsinthepost Breaks Through in San Luis Rey