Millennium Farms' Copper State, a bridesmaid in four consecutive stakes efforts, will finally try to get over the hump Nov. 2 at Churchill Downs when she takes on 10 rivals in the $150,000 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II), a one-mile main track test for fillies and mares.
The four-year-old filly outdueled Amazing Speed to win for the first time in nearly a year.
Making her first attempt over dirt after 19 career starts on the turf, the Todd Pletcher-trained Quiet Royal gets a light impost and looks to steal the Dec. 29 Stage Door Betty Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course.
Joseph V. Shields, Jr.'s homebred 4-year-old filly Any Limit, dominant this season at Gulfstream Park, will bid for a sweep of the three major stakes races for her division as the favorite in Saturday's $200,000 Shirley Jones Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Alice Muller's 5-year-old mare Take D' Tour made her 3-5 odds look like a steal when she took the lead along the inside and never looked back en route to a 14-length win in the $100,000 Stage Door Betty Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Alice Muller's 5-year-old Florida homebred mare Take D'Tour completes a highly successful 2006 campaign for Calder-based trainer David Fawkes as the horse to beat in the $100,000 Stage Door Betty Handicap (gr. III), where she faces six rival fillies and mares Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Jara's Sister to Make Panama Riding Debut
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?