A strapping Unbridled's Song colt named Cornerstone broke through the seven-figure price barrier a little more than two hours into the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training March 3 at Calder Race Course. Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock manager John Ferguson paid $1.1 million for the gray or roan juvenile.
Mitchell Ranch's grade I winner Leave Me Alone tops a contentious field of a dozen 3-year-old fillies entered in Saturday's $300,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) at Keeneland.
Amazing Buy went gate-to-wire under Harry Vega to win Monday's $100,000 Pennsylvania Oaks at Philadelphia Park after Private Gift was left standing behind the starting gate. Private Gift was declared a non-starter.
There was plenty of pre-race action at Keeneland Race Course Tuesday morning as a handful of potential Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) runners, including a possible Marker's Mark Mile (gr. IT) and Ashland Stakes (gr. I) starter hit the oval. Opening day at Keeneland is April 8.
Sweet Catomine, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2004 and winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), has been installed as a solid 4-1 favorite in the second of three pools in Churchill Downs' 2005 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, which begins its March 10-13 run on Thursday (March 10).
Amazing Buy made owner Ernie Paragallo look good Sunday when she won the $80,550 Busanda Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct in her first race against winners and over a route of ground.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment