A strapping Unbridled's Song colt named Cornerstone broke through the seven-figure price barrier a little more than two hours into the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training March 3 at Calder Race Course. Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock manager John Ferguson paid $1.1 million for the gray or roan juvenile.
Mitchell Ranch's grade I winner Leave Me Alone tops a contentious field of a dozen 3-year-old fillies entered in Saturday's $300,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) at Keeneland.
Amazing Buy went gate-to-wire under Harry Vega to win Monday's $100,000 Pennsylvania Oaks at Philadelphia Park after Private Gift was left standing behind the starting gate. Private Gift was declared a non-starter.
There was plenty of pre-race action at Keeneland Race Course Tuesday morning as a handful of potential Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) runners, including a possible Marker's Mark Mile (gr. IT) and Ashland Stakes (gr. I) starter hit the oval. Opening day at Keeneland is April 8.
Sweet Catomine, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2004 and winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), has been installed as a solid 4-1 favorite in the second of three pools in Churchill Downs' 2005 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, which begins its March 10-13 run on Thursday (March 10).
Amazing Buy made owner Ernie Paragallo look good Sunday when she won the $80,550 Busanda Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct in her first race against winners and over a route of ground.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Grade 2 Status Not Reinstated for Buena Vista