Purple Egg will come off a five-month layoff to start in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing Sept. 21.
New Jersey-bred Rainbow Heir controlled things from gate to wire as the 6-5 choice in the six-furlong race for 3-year-olds. Undefeated in four starts, the Wildcat Heir colt who has never trailed at any point of call.
Speedster Whiskey Romeo, a three-time stakes winer of trainer Tony Dutrow, heads a field of seven 3-year-old sprinters in the $100,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth Park.
Modestly-bred Scherer Magic, a $50,000 claim who captured a graded stakes in just his second start, takes another big step in his progression with the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Del Mar Aug. 5.
Scherer Magic was in the garden spot when odds-on favorite Amarish gave way in the stretch, and the former claiming horse captured the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) July 14 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Son of Scat Daddy's two wins, including the Willard Proctor Memorial Stakes, puts him atop the field for the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III). The six-furlong event goes as the second race July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles