Purple Egg will come off a five-month layoff to start in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing Sept. 21.
New Jersey-bred Rainbow Heir controlled things from gate to wire as the 6-5 choice in the six-furlong race for 3-year-olds. Undefeated in four starts, the Wildcat Heir colt who has never trailed at any point of call.
Speedster Whiskey Romeo, a three-time stakes winer of trainer Tony Dutrow, heads a field of seven 3-year-old sprinters in the $100,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth Park.
Modestly-bred Scherer Magic, a $50,000 claim who captured a graded stakes in just his second start, takes another big step in his progression with the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Del Mar Aug. 5.
Scherer Magic was in the garden spot when odds-on favorite Amarish gave way in the stretch, and the former claiming horse captured the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) July 14 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Son of Scat Daddy's two wins, including the Willard Proctor Memorial Stakes, puts him atop the field for the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III). The six-furlong event goes as the second race July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Magic Bay First Winner for Sire Neko Bay
- That Handicapping Show - Woodward Stakes
- LoPresti Not Thinking About Horse of the Year
- Durkin to be Honored at Saratoga This Weekend