Purple Egg will come off a five-month layoff to start in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing Sept. 21.
New Jersey-bred Rainbow Heir controlled things from gate to wire as the 6-5 choice in the six-furlong race for 3-year-olds. Undefeated in four starts, the Wildcat Heir colt who has never trailed at any point of call.
Speedster Whiskey Romeo, a three-time stakes winer of trainer Tony Dutrow, heads a field of seven 3-year-old sprinters in the $100,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth Park.
Modestly-bred Scherer Magic, a $50,000 claim who captured a graded stakes in just his second start, takes another big step in his progression with the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Del Mar Aug. 5.
Scherer Magic was in the garden spot when odds-on favorite Amarish gave way in the stretch, and the former claiming horse captured the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) July 14 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Son of Scat Daddy's two wins, including the Willard Proctor Memorial Stakes, puts him atop the field for the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III). The six-furlong event goes as the second race July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher