Front-running Bayou's Lassie dug deep to hold off the surging J'ray by a head in Saturday's $100,000 Frances A. Genter (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies to earn her fourth win in five starts on the Calder turf course.
Lawrence Goichman's homebred 3-year-old filly J'ray, coming off a closing second-place finish at Churchill Downs, appears to be rounding into top form for Saturday's $100,000 Frances A. Genter (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
Kenneth and Sara Ramsey's Precious Kitten grabbed the lead mid-stretch and held off a hard charging Meribel to upset the $200,000 Martha Washington Breeders' Cup for 3-year-old fillies by a neck on the turf at Laurel Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- American Pharoah Schools at Monmouth