The Goffs Orby Sale in Ireland concluded Oct. 1 with an 8% increase in average and a 23% median gain as another yearling brought a final price in excess of seven figures.
A colt by Irish-based Lawman brought the highest overall price at the Doncaster premier yearling sale, selling to Amanda Skiffington for 215,000 ($326,141 in United States funds) on the final day Aug. 28.
A Dutch Art filly brought 120,000 guineas ($199,446 in U.S. funds) Oct. 13 in England to top the third session of the Book Two portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
Flag Day is the top-priced horse, bringing 115,000 guineas ($182,819 in U.S. funds).
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket Saturday evening with record figures. The 28.8 million guineas turnover was up 24% on 2005, the 38,688gns average rose by 34% while the 22,000gns median was up by 25%.
July Cup (Eng-I) heroine Frizzante (GB) realized 500,000gns at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket Wednesday night when bought by James Wigan of London Thoroughbred Services.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- No Stopping Irish Mission in La Prevoyante
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph