Tottie, the 9-5 favorite, remained unbeaten in two starts since shipping to the U.S., as she stalked the pace and took over mid-stretch en route to a narrow win in the $125,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream
Favored Midships gained a clear advantage in the home stretch and held off the surprising Globetrotter by a half-length to score his first grade I victory in the $300,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park June 6.
Kentucky-bred Tungsten Strike, narrowly beaten in back-to-back group III efforts, found the soft going at Sandown Park to his liking Monday and rolled to a five-length win in the more prestigious Henry II Stakes (Eng-II).
Trainers in Britain are upset about a series of clenbuterol positives which have led to disqualifications by the Jockey Club which has a no tolerance drug policy.
Initial tests indicate that Juddmonte Farms' homebred Three Valleys has tested positive for the prohibited medication Clenbuterol after winning the Oct. 3 Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England, according to Racing Post.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Kentucky Steps Toward Medication Uniformity
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29