Rarely do we see our horses lapping up sand like it's some rare commodity.
Although the Kentucky Oaks undercard May 1 got an added dose of excitement when trainer John Shirreffs announced 2008 champion older female Zenyatta would make her 5-year-old debut in the Louisville Distaff (gr. II), the talented Street Cry mare may be forced to scratch due to weather.
Loving what you do for a living certainly improves your odds at succeeding. At least, that was the case for Tim Kegel, a Louisville-based bloodstock agent, who has certainly had his share of success.
It is fair to say that when Mike Chapple enrolled in the Groom Elite Certification School at Gulfstream Park this spring, he was not the average pupil.
Ron Peltz's Equirace.com is offering shares in its Triple Crown hopeful, With a City. With a City, who is scheduled to run in Saturday's Arkansas Derby (gr.II), was the upset winner of the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park March 25.
The University of Kentucky School of Journalism and Telecommunications has announced Amanda Duckworth, a senior journalism major, as the first recipient of the Joe Hirsch Scholarship.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Pari-Mutuel Daily Fantasy Game Launches
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience