Rarely do we see our horses lapping up sand like it's some rare commodity.
Although the Kentucky Oaks undercard May 1 got an added dose of excitement when trainer John Shirreffs announced 2008 champion older female Zenyatta would make her 5-year-old debut in the Louisville Distaff (gr. II), the talented Street Cry mare may be forced to scratch due to weather.
Loving what you do for a living certainly improves your odds at succeeding. At least, that was the case for Tim Kegel, a Louisville-based bloodstock agent, who has certainly had his share of success.
It is fair to say that when Mike Chapple enrolled in the Groom Elite Certification School at Gulfstream Park this spring, he was not the average pupil.
Ron Peltz's Equirace.com is offering shares in its Triple Crown hopeful, With a City. With a City, who is scheduled to run in Saturday's Arkansas Derby (gr.II), was the upset winner of the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park March 25.
The University of Kentucky School of Journalism and Telecommunications has announced Amanda Duckworth, a senior journalism major, as the first recipient of the Joe Hirsch Scholarship.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes