Godolphin Racing's Bay of Plenty, beaten 24 lengths by the victorious Honor Code in the Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I), rebounded nicely with a wire-to-wire win in the $100,000 Alydar Stakes Aug. 9 at Saratoga.
Classic winner Palace Malice is scheduled to make his first start since May in the $100,000 Alydar Stakes Aug. 9 at Saratoga Race Course.
Awesome Gambler closed from sixth at the quarter pole to catch odds-on favorite Cobalt Blue in deep stretch, going on to post a 1 1/2-length victory under jockey Joe Talamo in Saturday's $80,800 Alydar Stakes for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park.
Merv Griffin's Cobalt Blue, winner of the San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) two starts back, returns to the races in Saturday's $75,000 Alydar Stakes at Hollywood Park.
A day after his 1 1/2-length win in Thursday's $75,000 Alydar Stakes at Hollywood Park the connections of Like a Hero say the son of Pleasant Colony is a probable entrant for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Tails of the Crypt, listed as a possible starter for the Belmont Stakes, finished second Saturday in the $162,750 Marine Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine. Also, another horse listed by Belmont Park as a possible starter in the third leg of the Triple Crown has been entered in Thursday's feature race at Hollywood Park –- the $75,000 Alydar Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Oaklawn Strengthening 2017 Handicap Division
- PNGI Reports Increased Earnings for Quarter
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga