Godolphin Racing's Bay of Plenty, beaten 24 lengths by the victorious Honor Code in the Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I), rebounded nicely with a wire-to-wire win in the $100,000 Alydar Stakes Aug. 9 at Saratoga.
Classic winner Palace Malice is scheduled to make his first start since May in the $100,000 Alydar Stakes Aug. 9 at Saratoga Race Course.
Awesome Gambler closed from sixth at the quarter pole to catch odds-on favorite Cobalt Blue in deep stretch, going on to post a 1 1/2-length victory under jockey Joe Talamo in Saturday's $80,800 Alydar Stakes for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park.
Merv Griffin's Cobalt Blue, winner of the San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) two starts back, returns to the races in Saturday's $75,000 Alydar Stakes at Hollywood Park.
A day after his 1 1/2-length win in Thursday's $75,000 Alydar Stakes at Hollywood Park the connections of Like a Hero say the son of Pleasant Colony is a probable entrant for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Tails of the Crypt, listed as a possible starter for the Belmont Stakes, finished second Saturday in the $162,750 Marine Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine. Also, another horse listed by Belmont Park as a possible starter in the third leg of the Triple Crown has been entered in Thursday's feature race at Hollywood Park –- the $75,000 Alydar Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park