State City, a millionaire and Dubai champion, will stand at Doug Arnold's Buck Pond Farm near Versailles, Ky., in 2006.
Darley isn't the only one bringing Sheikh-owned stars into Australia to stand at stud. State City, one of the best sprinters of his era, has been bought by West Australian Turf Club chairman Ted van Heemst to stand at stud in West Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Shared Belief Rides On
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks