Edmund A. Gann's Timboroa upset the $141,650 Carleton F. Burke Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, completing the 1 1/2 miles in 2:29.91 over firm turf while winning by 2 1/2 lengths.
Mash One, sidelined since winning the Oak Tree Turf Championship Handicap (gr. IT) at Santa Anita last October, returned to successfully defend his title in the race now known as the Clement L. Hirsch Memorial Turf Championship (gr. IT).
Beautiful Pleasure worked one-mile over a fast track at Keeneland Wednesday morning, preparing for the Beldame Stakes (gr. I), in which she will likely face Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) winner Riboletta. Also working one mile Wednesday were Notable Career, Grey Memo, and Alvo Certo.
Northern Quest rallied from last to win the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 lengths Monday at Del Mar. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Northern Quest completed the 1 3/8 miles in stakes-record time of 2:12.65, just 1/5 of a second off the track record.
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'