Edmund A. Gann's Timboroa upset the $141,650 Carleton F. Burke Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, completing the 1 1/2 miles in 2:29.91 over firm turf while winning by 2 1/2 lengths.
Mash One, sidelined since winning the Oak Tree Turf Championship Handicap (gr. IT) at Santa Anita last October, returned to successfully defend his title in the race now known as the Clement L. Hirsch Memorial Turf Championship (gr. IT).
Beautiful Pleasure worked one-mile over a fast track at Keeneland Wednesday morning, preparing for the Beldame Stakes (gr. I), in which she will likely face Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) winner Riboletta. Also working one mile Wednesday were Notable Career, Grey Memo, and Alvo Certo.
Northern Quest rallied from last to win the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 lengths Monday at Del Mar. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Northern Quest completed the 1 3/8 miles in stakes-record time of 2:12.65, just 1/5 of a second off the track record.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American