Edmund A. Gann's Timboroa upset the $141,650 Carleton F. Burke Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, completing the 1 1/2 miles in 2:29.91 over firm turf while winning by 2 1/2 lengths.
Mash One, sidelined since winning the Oak Tree Turf Championship Handicap (gr. IT) at Santa Anita last October, returned to successfully defend his title in the race now known as the Clement L. Hirsch Memorial Turf Championship (gr. IT).
Beautiful Pleasure worked one-mile over a fast track at Keeneland Wednesday morning, preparing for the Beldame Stakes (gr. I), in which she will likely face Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) winner Riboletta. Also working one mile Wednesday were Notable Career, Grey Memo, and Alvo Certo.
Northern Quest rallied from last to win the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 lengths Monday at Del Mar. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Northern Quest completed the 1 3/8 miles in stakes-record time of 2:12.65, just 1/5 of a second off the track record.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set