Edmund A. Gann's Timboroa upset the $141,650 Carleton F. Burke Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, completing the 1 1/2 miles in 2:29.91 over firm turf while winning by 2 1/2 lengths.
Mash One, sidelined since winning the Oak Tree Turf Championship Handicap (gr. IT) at Santa Anita last October, returned to successfully defend his title in the race now known as the Clement L. Hirsch Memorial Turf Championship (gr. IT).
Beautiful Pleasure worked one-mile over a fast track at Keeneland Wednesday morning, preparing for the Beldame Stakes (gr. I), in which she will likely face Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) winner Riboletta. Also working one mile Wednesday were Notable Career, Grey Memo, and Alvo Certo.
Northern Quest rallied from last to win the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 lengths Monday at Del Mar. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Northern Quest completed the 1 3/8 miles in stakes-record time of 2:12.65, just 1/5 of a second off the track record.
Most Popular Stories
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell