Winning Cause, getting an ideal stalking trip from jockey Eddie Castro, staved off odds-on choice Big Blue Kitten to win the Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 24 on turf at Monmouth Park, halting a 10-race losing skid.
Sweet Whiskey took the inside path in the $100,000 Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 4 at Gulfstream Park, charging past stablemate and runner-up Co Cola in the stretch to notch her first stakes victory.
After closing 2013 with a runner-up finish in the Matron Stakes (gr. II), Sweet Whiskey will try to secure her first graded stakes win Jan. 4 at Gulfstream Park in the $100,000 Old Hat Stakes (gr. III).
Still last in mid-stretch, Peace Preserver rallied between horses to secure the first graded stakes win of her career with an upset tally in the $200,000 Noble Damsel Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 14 at Belmont Park.
Alto Racing's impressive maiden winner Sweet Whiskey now will face a stern test of quality as she takes on eight foes Sept. 1 in the 122nd running of the $300,000 Spinaway (gr. I).
Todd Pletcher will not enter Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. III) winner Winning Cause in the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 4 at Churchill Downs.
Alto Racing's Winning Cause got up in the final strides of the $200,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. III) April 20 at Keeneland, earning 20 points on the road to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector