Grade II winner Altibr Dead
Shadwell Stable's Altibr rallied in deep stretch to win the $451,200 Shadwell Keeneland Turf Mile Stakes (gr. IIT) Saturday, breaking the stakes record and equaling the Keeneland record for a mile on turf in the process. Over firm turf, Altibr completed the mile in 1:33.72. In October 1995, Very Special Lite completed a mile on turf at Keeneland in 1:33 3/5 while winning the Bryan Station Stakes.
Sent off at 22-1, Forbidden Apple rallied from just off the pace to win the $210,000 Belmont Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Saturday at Belmont Park. The win was the second in a row in the race for trainer Christophe Clement and jockey Jose Santos, who teamed to win last year's renewal with With the Flow.
Guided by jockey Jerry Bailey, betting favorite Hap saved ground along the hedge, rallying through the stretch to win the $200,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) by 3/4-lengths Saturday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'