Making her stakes debut, Stronach Stables' homebred Spring Waltz split rivals at the furlong marker, surged to the lead at the sixteenth-pole, and romped to the wire under Javier Castellano with an impressive 3 1/4-length victory in the $200,000 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) March 9 on the Gulfstream Park dirt.
Graded stakes winners Tessa Blue and Golden Velvet will take on impressive allowance winner Spring Waltz in the $200,000 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) March 9 at Gulfstream Park. A field of seven has been entered for the main track event.
Pool Land, a winner of seven races from 10 starts, seeks her third graded win in the $150,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Nov. 23.
Sugar Shake proved much the best in the $107,300 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr.III) at Aqueduct Nov. 4, but the winner had an assist when the 9-5 favorite, Altesse, was pulled up after her rein broke early in the race.
Sugar Shake looks to regain the form she had earlier this year when she won the Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) in the Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Nov. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban