Making her stakes debut, Stronach Stables' homebred Spring Waltz split rivals at the furlong marker, surged to the lead at the sixteenth-pole, and romped to the wire under Javier Castellano with an impressive 3 1/4-length victory in the $200,000 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) March 9 on the Gulfstream Park dirt.
Graded stakes winners Tessa Blue and Golden Velvet will take on impressive allowance winner Spring Waltz in the $200,000 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) March 9 at Gulfstream Park. A field of seven has been entered for the main track event.
Pool Land, a winner of seven races from 10 starts, seeks her third graded win in the $150,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Nov. 23.
Sugar Shake proved much the best in the $107,300 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr.III) at Aqueduct Nov. 4, but the winner had an assist when the 9-5 favorite, Altesse, was pulled up after her rein broke early in the race.
Sugar Shake looks to regain the form she had earlier this year when she won the Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) in the Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Nov. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes