Tac de Boistron delivered a career-best effort for an authoritative five-length win in the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I, French St. Leger) Oct. 27 at Longchamp.
With plenty of stamina in reserve, Altano shook off runner-up Tac de Boistron in the straight and took the Qatar Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) for stayers by 2 1/2 lengths Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
The Gold Cup (Eng-I) is Ascot's oldest surviving race and attracted 18 entrants for this year's renewal June 20 at the Royal meeting, including previous winners Colour Vision and Rite of Passage.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis