Churchill Downs will permit four also-eligible entrants to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), beginning with the respective 138th runnings of those races in 2012.
Why shouldn't the Derby draw a 22-horse field with a pair of also-eligibles? Read Blog
Advance wagering and the two-tiered post position draw format are the only impediments to Churchill Downs employing an also-eligible procedure for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), according to a track spokesman.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid