Breeders' Cup Ltd. and Keeneland Association joined forces Aug. 18 for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to raise money to fight ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or more widely called "Lou Gehrig's Disease.
Longtime California-based trainer Richard Matlow succumbed to the effects of Amytrophic Lateral Schlerosis (ALS) late on the night of March 30 at his home in Monrovia at the age of 66.
William Erminelli, who trained horses at Rockingham Park and Tampa Bay Downs, died Jan. 22 from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also called Lou Gehrig's disease. He was 56.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa