Breeders' Cup Ltd. and Keeneland Association joined forces Aug. 18 for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to raise money to fight ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or more widely called "Lou Gehrig's Disease.
Longtime California-based trainer Richard Matlow succumbed to the effects of Amytrophic Lateral Schlerosis (ALS) late on the night of March 30 at his home in Monrovia at the age of 66.
William Erminelli, who trained horses at Rockingham Park and Tampa Bay Downs, died Jan. 22 from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also called Lou Gehrig's disease. He was 56.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field