Breeders' Cup Ltd. and Keeneland Association joined forces Aug. 18 for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to raise money to fight ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or more widely called "Lou Gehrig's Disease.
Longtime California-based trainer Richard Matlow succumbed to the effects of Amytrophic Lateral Schlerosis (ALS) late on the night of March 30 at his home in Monrovia at the age of 66.
William Erminelli, who trained horses at Rockingham Park and Tampa Bay Downs, died Jan. 22 from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also called Lou Gehrig's disease. He was 56.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Jimmy Creed to Spendthrift Australia
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 27, 2015
- Haskin: California Horses Make Big Impression
- Itsaknockout Promotes Upcoming Boxing Match