Breeders' Cup Ltd. and Keeneland Association joined forces Aug. 18 for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to raise money to fight ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or more widely called "Lou Gehrig's Disease.
Longtime California-based trainer Richard Matlow succumbed to the effects of Amytrophic Lateral Schlerosis (ALS) late on the night of March 30 at his home in Monrovia at the age of 66.
William Erminelli, who trained horses at Rockingham Park and Tampa Bay Downs, died Jan. 22 from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also called Lou Gehrig's disease. He was 56.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory
- LNJ Foxwoods Named New Owner of the Year
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil