Last year's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) runner-up My Miss Sophia will open her 4-year-old campaign Friday, April 15 as one of nine fillies and mares entered in the Hilliard Lyons Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Devil's Cave repelled challengers Sweet N Discreet and 3-5 favorite My Pal Chrisy en route to victory in her stakes debut by two lengths in the $100,000 Ocala Dec. 29 at Gulfstream Park.
Afleeting Lady built a three-race win streak and gave trainer Dale Romans his 19th graded stakes score of the season when she powered to victory in the $162,450 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 22 at Churchill Downs.
Afleeting Lady had things her way in the Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park as she raced slightly off the pace set by All Due Respect before drawing clear in the final furlong to win by 3 1/2 lengths,
Grade I winner Mona de Momma, a 5-year-old mare by Speightstown, fetched $1.55 million from Jon Clay of Alpha Delta Stables during the last hour of the Faisg Tipton November sale. She was consigned by Lane's End, agent.
Sea The Stars, 2009 Cartier Horse of the Year and 3-year-old male, sired a filly from his first crop April 7 at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Bejarano to Ride Bolo in Kentucky Derby
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Whiskey Ticket Wins IL Derby Like a Pro
- Hootenanny Successful in Season Debut
- Queen of The Sand Rebounds in Santa Barbara
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- Bodhisattva Gets Classic Credential in Tesio