Miss Gazon, an impressive winner in her last start on the Aqueduct turf, arrived from New York for the $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. IIT), for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on turf at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Saturday's $125,000 Matiara Stakes at Hollywood Park will have a decidedly international feel to it, as seven of the 10 scheduled starters were bred outside the United States.
British-bred Megahertz, who reeled off her fifth straight United States triumph in Hollywood Park's inaugural running of the $500,000 American Oaks in July, returns on Saturday as the 124-pound high weight among ten entrants in the $125,000 Matiara Stakes.
Fox Ridge Farm's Riskaverse made Saturday's $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) an exciting one, coming from well behind to get up in the final strides at Keeneland.
Headed by the top three finishers in Hollywood Park's American Oaks, a field of seven 3-year-old fillies is entered in Saturday's 46th running of the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) at 1 1/8 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Nine 3-year-old fillies whose connections have the Del Mar Oaks (gr. I) in their sights are entered Saturday in the 34th edition of the $150,000, San Clemente Handicap (gr. II) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course at Del Mar.
Trainer Ron McAnally hopes to spring an upset in the $200,000 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Hollywood Park with French-import Alozaina. If he does, he will tie the late trainer Charlie Whittingham for most Honeymoon victories.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana