Shakespeare, an easy winner while setting a course mark in the nine-furlong Belmont Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) Sept. 11, steps up and stretches out Saturday in the 1 1/2-mile Joe Hirsch Turf Classic (gr. IT) at Belmont Park.
Winless since he captured last year's Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) on the Belmont Park turf, Meteor Storm returns to New York Saturday to face a strong group of 10 foes in the latest renewal of the $400,000 event on the Belmont Stakes undercard.
Former hurdler Dreadnaught won an all-out stretch duel with Certifiably Crazy for his first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 3/8 miles on the Aqueduct turf Saturday.
Five-year-old Irish Colonial, who snapped a nine-race losing streak in his last start when he prevailed in the Mohawk Handicap for New York-breds, returns to open company in Saturday's $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Aqueduct turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz