Shakespeare, an easy winner while setting a course mark in the nine-furlong Belmont Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) Sept. 11, steps up and stretches out Saturday in the 1 1/2-mile Joe Hirsch Turf Classic (gr. IT) at Belmont Park.
Winless since he captured last year's Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) on the Belmont Park turf, Meteor Storm returns to New York Saturday to face a strong group of 10 foes in the latest renewal of the $400,000 event on the Belmont Stakes undercard.
Former hurdler Dreadnaught won an all-out stretch duel with Certifiably Crazy for his first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 3/8 miles on the Aqueduct turf Saturday.
Five-year-old Irish Colonial, who snapped a nine-race losing streak in his last start when he prevailed in the Mohawk Handicap for New York-breds, returns to open company in Saturday's $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Aqueduct turf.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk
- Cavorting Drops a Level to Prioress
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- First Winner for Adios Charlie
- Pinnacle Peak Ships to Monmouth for Sapling